Sunday, April 19, 2026

Snakebit

Powell's in Portland, August 2015

A snake bit me at the bookstore

And I pretended all was well

She turned and headed for the door

A snake bit me at the bookstore

Her guilt made her despise me more

I knew she knew that I could tell

A snake bit me at the bookstore

And I pretended all was well

~*~

Triolet poetry inspired by a personal event.

4 comments:

  1. "Her guilt made her despise me more" -- funny how people are like that, isn't it?

    The personal event must have been a very unpleasant one. I hope, at least, that any serpents infesting Powell's are purely metaphorical ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inspirational incident actually took place locally in OC years ago with a bookstore nearby :)

      Delete
  2. Ran into my old principal, did you? Absolute snake she was. I am sorry for your unpleasant encounter. At least she wasn't poisonous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.