Tuesday, May 12, 2026

Stitching Silence

 

Image from Pixabay (AI)

I stitched my silence into the seams of the day

As their mindless drivel became a crazy quilt

Better to let them think I had nothing to say

I stitched my silence into the seams of the day

Rather than ravel my chatter into the fray

My lack of participation caused me no guilt

I stitched my silence into the seams of the day

As their mindless drivel became a crazy quilt


~*~

Triolet written for Missy's MAD Challenge #092 and inspired by my inclination to stay quiet when people get loud around me.

2 comments:

  1. A wise and even productive stance. One learns more by listening than by talking, and most conversations involving more than two people quickly become too incoherent to be worth participating in, especially when they get loud. The quilt is being stitched by several different people at once, resulting in a mess. Not much point in participating.

    Once again I admire your use of language. Not many can write so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.