Sunday, June 7, 2026

Collecting the Tolls

Charon on the River Styx from Meta AI



Fault lines split; you take the hit,
A liar pretending all is fine.
Dark thoughts twist in a guilty mind.
Gather shells and cast your spells--
Take all the false solace you can find;
Blame the moon if you're so inclined.

Either way, with pointed swords or sighs,
Tolls will be collected on this ride.


~*~

Written for the Sunday Whirl Wordle 760, using tolls spell inclined mind find pretending sigh hit guilty fine fault liar (or slight derivations thereof). I don't know what inspired this poem... perhaps my recent and disturbing read of Incantation by Alice Hoffman.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Reminds me of the some of the spiritual philosophy I've read, claiming the cause of our pain in this life is our belief that we are our egos, which are fear-driven things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.