Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Five Prompts Haiku Style (100 words)

Me and my (almond) Snickers



Stuffing or dressing 
Either way bring on the carbs
Oysters optional 

My top ten candy
Cadbury choccy creme egg
Retro Chunky bar

Peanut M and M’s
Original M and M’s
Hot Tamales too

Peanut butter cups 
Coconut Jelly Bellies
And English toffee 

A Snickers of course 
Frango Mints from days of old 
I think that makes ten

Paddled a canoe
In the Dells of Wisconsin 
But it flipped over 

That was lucky though 
Next up was the waterfall 
And we couldn’t steer 

Great piece of advice
Never go out on a boat 
With a stupid jerk


7 comments:

  1. That was a fun read. I haven't had an almond Snickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I love the almond Snickers! I’m not sure if they’re still available though…

      Delete
  2. Idiots in boats
    Never win against nature
    And what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have known better
      But I was a romantic
      At least no one drowned

      Delete
  3. As far as I am concerned, Almond Snickers is a variation of the famous candy bar Snickers Almond. However, Almond Snickers is not particularly famous among Indonesian children.

    Good morning, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.