Saturday, June 27, 2026

No Slippery Slope

Otter sliding down a hill (AI image)


I’ve been continually piqued by the complications of commenting on Wordpress blogs as opposed to the ease of commenting at Blogger blogs. This irritation reached a peak the other week when WP insisted that my gmail address was already used at WP, so I had to sign in with a password in order to comment. I deleted my account there in 2024 and do not want the hassle of another one. I really despise them and how, even if you pay, there are constant glitches and problems. I know this because I blogged at WP for many years as a paying customer!

The issue is that I enjoy some WP blogs and like to comment every once in a while ~ I don’t want to quit them because I hate WP itself. So, this morning I took a peek at other options, one of which was using Gravatar. I don’t hate Gravatar, even though I know its owned by WP, so I created a PW and uploaded a pic. Voilà! That seems to be working fine, with the only caveat being that I need to type my Blogger addy in my comment if I want it to show up, since Gravatar doesn’t appear to have a way to add a link. That’s not a huge deal though.

This is not a slippery slope toward a return to WP, with sincere apologies to anyone who has asked me to. Yes, I understand that technically I have a WP account now that I use Gravatar, but I am not going to create another WP blog. I prefer the simplicity of Blogger, which is integrated with my Google/ gmail account and its tetramegabyte of inexpensive storage. Now that I’m using an image in every post, I’m even more adamant about staying here.

PS: I see I can add a link to my Gravatar, yippee!

~*~
Inspired by Linda’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt (peak/ peek/ pique).

12 comments:

  1. I do read, and comment on, some Word Press blogs. But, it seems more complicated than Blogger. Of course, I'm willing to accept the fact that I'm a stubborn old man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Paula. The comment situation sucks! I've always used the gravatar to comment and never had issues commenting on WP blogs. Now that I'm blogging there, I really am enjoying it as a blogger. But the comments are frustrating. Here on Blogger, it got to the point that many posts sat in drafts, didn't post, vanished - its frustrating when you pour your heart out and then nothing. If Blogger only would maintain their platform, I would have never left.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh, that’s terrible! I would be so upset if that happened here!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure something's up with WP, as I cannot log into my blog on the web without the JetPack app, but the JetPack app doesn't recognize my attempts at logging in. It's a glitch I've had for many months and I have prioritized resolving it accordingly. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhh! I miss your blogging!

      Delete
    2. Oh, no! Motivation to do something about it! (And thank you!)

      Delete
  4. I use Gravatar too for WP blogs. I don't follow many bloggers on WP just because of the problems I've had in the past with commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to follow blogspot bloggers, but I do have some faves on WP!

      Delete
  5. Ah, technology... If it isn't one thing, it's another. I'm sorry for your trouble with WP. I've never tried a blog there (I came over to Blogger when my My Space blog failed me), so I have no perspective on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m sorry to learn that problems still exist between Blogger and WP.com in regards to commenting! Yes, Gravatar is the best solution. My WP site is self-hosted (.org), and I ditched the .com glitchy comment form and went back to the native one, which so far, is working out well. ☺ Thank you for commenting on my dogs and cats post. ♥ Apologies for acknowledging it so many days later, but I've been submerged in the FIFA World Cup world this week and have neglected the Blogosphere. Trying to get caught up now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only visit Blogger and loathe all of the others, even fav Bloggers who moved over have now Lost me as a Loyal Blog Supporter coz I just don't want the hassles of WP and some of the others that are just a Pain in the Ass and yes, you can't even Comment on without it being an Ordeal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.