![]() |
| Ghosts in the sea by a shipwreck (Meta AI) |
My carelessness has led me here
Gambled it all buying the dip
Even the ghosts abandoned ship
Riding the wave toward a rip
I watched the profits disappear
Even the ghosts abandoned ship
My carelessness has led me here
~*~
Triolet quadrille (structured 44 words) written for dVerse Poets Pub (care). Not based on a true story (not mine anyway); I just liked the rhymes.

This is expertly wrought! I love that you chose to write us a Triolet quadrille. It works so well! ❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love writing triolets for the quadrille prompts :)
DeleteGreat poem. Sounds like a retail stock investors lament. LOL.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteThis reminded me of what I just finished watching: an interesting piece on the Titanic that went over the survivors’ testimonies. Sad.
ReplyDeleteOh, that sounds sad indeed
DeleteI really liked your poem. The picture is nice too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary!
DeleteNicely done Paula 👏
ReplyDeleteThank you, Shaun :)
DeleteUgh I hear ya on buying the dip, problem is when the dip just keeps going down! I feel this one in my bones, Paula! well done 💚
ReplyDeleteThanks Cara!
Deletethe triple quadrille gives strength to the story you tell...
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteDelightful!
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly 🙂
DeleteLike Arcadia Maria, I immediately thought of the stock market; the poem works so well for that. What a great triolet. Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim!
DeletePaula, I love how “Even the ghosts abandoned ship” shows that the speaker’s money troubles are so bad that even the dead have given up.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com
Thanks David!
DeleteWell done, Paula!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
DeleteSome ships are just doomed...
ReplyDelete