![]() |
| Two cute brown bears shaking paws |
Tanya nodded. “I agree. It’s becoming unbearable. Just yesterday one of your cubs literally grabbed a fish out of little Goldie’s paws.”
“Marcus can be aggressive,” Brandy admitted. “He gets it from his father, who by the way isn’t helping us at all now. But you have to admit that Goldie shouldn’t be fishing from our side of the falls, especially these days when none of us have enough.”
“I don’t have to admit anything!” Tanya growled. “That fish was on our side initially. Goldie simply followed it across as is her clawful right. And her dad was gone when I woke up in April, so I have my own tail of woe.”
Brandy considered this for a moment. “I’m sorry about that. These irresponsible dads make me furrious. But Goldie bit Marcus’ nose!”
“I’ll talk to her,” Tanya said. “She’s going through a phase. How’s the nose now?”
“Healing. But he’s a bit traumatized.” Brandy smiled. “It would help if Goldie invited him to share some of that honeycomb she found.”
Tanya rolled her eyes. “Well played, Brandy. I didn’t expect it to remain a secret for long. Bear hug?”
“Let’s just shake on it.”
~*~
Written for Christine’s Simply Six Minutes.

Awwww.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading!
Delete