Monday, August 10, 2026

Because You Promised

AI tiger in the clouds



I jumped without a parachute
Because you promised to be there
I felt fearless and I felt cute
I jumped without a parachute
My confidence was absolute
But nothing caught me except air
I jumped without a parachute
Because you promised to be there

~*~

Triolet quadrille (structured 44 words) written for dVerse Poets Pub (jump).

22 comments:

  1. There's only one person that can be trusted and even they are fallible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dangerous to trust people, especially to depend on them for something important. I really don't trust anybody any more. Got burned too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Paula shows raw vulnerability and the quiet tragedy of misplaced trust through a classic Triolet💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sad but beatifully written poem, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas... sometimes the ones you trust are not there when it counts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your triolet quadrille! Makes me want to play with the form again. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The triolet is a favorite form of mine, and this is a good one! :)

    De

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a triolet. But oh, this is sad - and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of truth in this poem. Like the combination of a triolet and quadrille.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved your form that added weight to your song... tiger leaping added strength and vulnerability to the jump

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautifully deep and poignant ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.