Monday, August 17, 2026

Lunchtime Share

My sweet little Inky


Before I jump into Di’s Share Your World questions, I want to acknowledge that it’s Black Cat Appreciation Day. I love my little Inkerbelle! 


1. What was your favorite TV show as a kid?

When very young, I loved Pink Panther, Speed Racer, Roadrunner, Rocky & Bullwinkle, and Let’s Make a Deal. Later on, all the game shows became favorites, especially Match Game and Hollywood Squares. As a teenager, my sitcom faves were I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, One Day at a Time, the Brady Bunch, and Eight is Enough. I also enjoyed detective shows like Columbo, Hart to Hart, and McMillan & Wife. I’m sure there are lots more that I am forgetting!

2. Do you have a favorite “tipple” (alcoholic drink or something when you are out for a meal, etc.)?

I love alcoholic drinks, but they don’t love me, and the older I get the worse it is. Fancy cocktails are so much fun. I used to love margaritas, mojitos, mai tais, pina coladas, Irish Coffee with tons of whipped cream, etc. ~ all those sugary, girly drinks, particularly if they came with tiny umbrellas. I went through a Bailey’s Irish Cream phase (that lasted 40 years), an amaretto phase, and a cinnamon whiskey phase. Yum! Now all of that makes me barf. 

Nowadays, I can have a glass (or two) of red wine or champagne, which may or may not give me a migraine, though since I get migraines frequently regardless, I occasionally decide that it’s worth the extra risk. If I remember to drink water afterwards, it often helps me to avoid a headache. That’s it though. No more mixed drinks or sweet liquor for me. Wah.

The vast majority of time, I order iced tea or Diet Coke.

3. Is there a movie you can watch again and again and still enjoy?

Yes, indeed. In fact, this weekend I rewatched both Mamma Mia movies while I worked on my puzzle (ironically, a pic of fancy cocktails ~ see my IG), and I enjoyed them immensely. Somewhat less frequently, I rewatch Walking on Sunshine, Chicago, Fiddler on the Roof, Saturday Night Fever, and other musicals, and romcoms such as You’ve Got Mail, When Harry Met Sally, 27 Dresses, The Hating Game, etc. And of course Young Frankenstein! I generally do not rewatch serious movies. 

4. Did you have a favorite toy as a child? Or perhaps one you wanted and never got?

I loved my Barbies, but this was back when you had a few dolls and bought outfits and accessories for them. Nowadays, you buy a whole new doll in a themed pack instead of changing their clothes. While I appreciate themes, it was a lot of fun to mix and match outfits and browse the Barbie catalog for new ones. I also loved my Super Spirograph set and spent many hours creating cool designs ~ and redoing them obsessively until they were perfect. I don’t remember if there was anything I wanted and didn’t get, except a sister.

Gratitude: I am grateful that FedEx delivered all my stuff and that I managed to connect the new Spectrum equipment without any glitches (except for my Roku being slower). My daughter asked if you only had to plug it in. WELL YES, but I am extremely talented at messing up the simplest things. She should know that!

19 comments:

  1. Some of question. #1 brought me back to childhood, too. Rocky and Bullwinkle forever! But I love the current iteration of Let's Make a Deal, with Wayne Brady. I think he's a worthy successor to Monty Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di aka pensitivity191August 17, 2026 at 2:13 PM

    Hi Paula, thanks for joining in today. 27 Dresses and You Got Mail, two of my favourite rom coms. I also enjoyed Sleepless in Seattle. Forces of Nature was funny when Ben Affleck had to strip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inkerbelle is one of the best names for a cat I've ever heard (I have a favorite and if I get a cat will name her my favorite :))! Love it! I don't watch movies over and over again. I think the most I've ever seen a movie is twice, maybe I've seen a couple three times. I am not a movie person, though. That is great that you got everything running with new Spectrum equipment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! Again, the cat name credit goes to my daughter. I began with Inky and she expanded it 🐈‍⬛

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear the FedEx delivery went off smoothly this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to get to know you better. I particularly liked your answer on alcohol. By the way, I too drink perhaps not all too healthily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a glitch-free Fedex delivery is indeed something to be thankful for.

    Curious what you thought of the Barbie movie, if you saw it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t seen Barbie! It just never appealed to me…

      Delete
  7. Finally the FEDEX shipment! I still use the ROKU every day, even though I know it's been bought by FOX. I pick and choose what to watch and it's usually older shows (Cougar Town!). The FOX ads are the only annoying part, but I mute them. I wondered why your ROKU is slower with your new equipment and did a little research. What cracked me up is that one way to address that is to, guess what, upgrade the ROKU box. Oh SUUUURE, ROKU. - N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have a newer Roku. Meta AI has various ideas on how to help, but they’re all incorrect so far. Move the Roku ~ can’t because it’s attached to the TV. Choose the “other” Spectrum WiFi with a slower speed ~ can’t because they gave me only one. Etc. I can always watch on my iPad instead…

      Delete
  8. Our new kitty, Lulu, could be Inky's twin. We just got her last week and she is a sweetheart. 🩷

    Movies I can watch repeatedly include The Illusionist, You've Got Mail, Moonrise Kingdom, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and probably a few others I'm forgetting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! I need to watch Guernsey... I love Lily James so much. The first time I tried, I got spooked by the Nazis, but I am going to try again...

      Delete
    2. It's a wonderful movie. And the book is even better! I've read it twice and I can't say for sure that I won't read it again. 🙂

      Delete
  9. So much fun reading about TV shows I had forgotten. Eight is Enough and hadn't thought of I Dream of Jeannie in a long time. Had a homemade Halloween costume similar to her getup one year.
    I loved my Barbies, too. My first ones came with wigs. Did you have that 'model?' When I asked and never received a Ken doll, I used the bald Barbie for my Ken. That seems so wrong now on several levels. Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember wigs, but I did have Francie with "growing pretty hair." (It was a ponytail that could be lengthened or shortened.) I had one Ken and probably 6 Barbies (including Francie and Midge), along with little cousin Skipper :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.