![]() |
| Abstract migraine pain via Meta AI |
I wake up in the underworld.
My temples throb with sparks of pain. Nausea spirals through my bones:
I fall in a pit of migraine.
Desolate current flows with moans.
Quiet voices scream like thunder.
Triptans weave a path I follow,
No bright lights to cause a blunder.
Surfacing, I feel so hollow,
Like a papery leaf unfurled.
~*~
Written for the Sunday Whirl Wordle 768 with prompt words screams desolate temples bone sparks pit voices follow underworld spiral weave current. Luckily, I did not suffer from a migraine this weekend; the poem was inspired by recent memories.

Once again, I am grateful I don't have migraines, but dang, if they don't inspire you, Paula, to write good poetry! Sorry your muse is so painful.
ReplyDeleteGeez, I wish these things would leave you permanently! - N
ReplyDeleteYikes. Not a pleasant feeling.
ReplyDeleteThanks, friends. I am grateful they aren’t worse and one medication usually works well 🤞🏻
ReplyDelete