Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Shine On

Harvest Moon (Meta AI)

darkness comes early
a pale judgmental face gleams
from the baleful sky
it's my own fault I'm alone
and he knows what I have done

~ shine on, harvest moon, up in the sky ~*

the autumn winds shift
clouds caress the night in lace
his face changes shape
the glow turns benevolent
it could be a warm winter

*from a song in the Ziegfeld Follies of 1908 

~*~

Tanka puente written for the Tanka Tuesday Harvest Moon Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Autumn moon must be uniquely beautiful seen through the haze in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "judgmental face" fading into a "benevolent" glow as the clouds shift is such a clever way to blend guilt and reconciliation into the moon's own cycle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.