Wednesday, April 8, 2026

The Complaint Department

Gatsby, looking peeved (RIPurrs)


I’m taking a little detour from the April A2Z posts to participate in John Holton’s workshop. Here is a list of 10 things I’m currently sick of.

1. You know who. I’m not saying his name, but his ugly bloated face and savagely stupid tweets are in the news 24/7. 

2. People who park right next to me in the open lot at work when it’s 90% empty. I’m not near the elevator. WHY? 

3. Dumbass spam telling me my cloud storage is full.

4. The 800 bazillion snail-mails from every Medicare agent on the planet. I’m all set. GO AWAY! 

5. Random has-been actresses hawking their memoirs. Lady, I didn’t care about you back then when you were on 90210 or whatever, so I certainly don’t care now. 

6. Lazy Amazon deliverers who don’t bring large and/ or heavy packages to the door but instead stuff them into mail parcel boxes. Grrrr!

7. Putting off washing my car because it’s supposed to rain, but then it rains heavily in the night when my car is in the carport, and I just get a splattery drizzle on the way to work, which makes my car look dirtier. Argh!!!

8. The 405 freeway. IYKYK.

9. Books written in first person, present tense.

10. Bananas getting too ripe too fast. I know we’ve discussed this before, and I had a whole IG series about putting aluminum foil on the stems, but it doesn’t really work that well, so I am still dealing with this very important issue. 

8 comments:

  1. I once found somebody parked so close to my car on the driver's side that I couldn't get the door open. I had to get in the other side and climb over the stuff in the middle to get to the driver's seat. I couldn't even physically do that now. That was really annoying.

    I get those Medicare mailings too. Also, suddenly everybody wants to sell me life insurance, which I don't get. You'd think selling life insurance to an old person would be a bad deal.

    Keeping bananas in the refrigerator slows down the rate at which they ripen, somewhat. Of course then you need to take them out an hour before eating so they aren't too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on a lot of these. @samanthabwriter from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my moans & groans, Infidel & Samantha! Much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On #4, I remember the deluge as I approached "that age" also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the dirty car. And they're saying rain this weekend? Really? I'll believe it when I see it.

    Ah yes, the 405. Yup, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the other hand: going to the store and finding nothing but a huge display of dark green bananas that will later require a hack saw to slice up for cereal.
    And the iCloud thing. Get off my back. I never wanted icloud, don't use it, can't figure out how to turn it off, if that is even possible, nor how to delete enough stuff in it so the interminable notifications will STOP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, it’s crazy! So much wasted paper 🙁

    Liz, I will be keeping watch for that mythical rain!

    Roy, good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great complaints...all very justified. I cannot stand when someone parks their car right beside me with a blue million other spots to choose from. I do not get it.
    That certain bloated (in every sense of the word) person has caused so much turmoil. Take his social media accounts away from him someone PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.