Wednesday, May 27, 2026

The Celebrity’s Prayer

 

Image generated by Meta AI

Let them adore me;
Let them worship from afar;
Let them flood me with money;
After all, I’m a big star.

Let me alone now;
Let me have some privacy;
Let me be free from critique;
I will call security!

Anticipating a sold-out show…
Hey hey hey where’d everybody go?

~*~

Written for the dVerse prompt of “Let Them” hosted by Mish. I was inspired by celebs who insist that attention be paid to them on their terms only. 

4 comments:

  1. Often thought that about (No Don't Touch Me, Common People) about celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Like choose a lane already ~ do they want to be constantly photographed and talked about or not?

      Delete
  2. People want the fame but are surprised by the lack of privacy that comes with it, are a dichotomy for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.