Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Dream Come True

Sweet little Miss Inkerbelle (my photo)


Shelter cat
Sad but hopeful pic online
Soft black fur bright green eyes 
I dreamt about her
Named her Inky
Now she’s home 

~*~

Seox poem (3-7-6-5-4-3) written for dVerse’s Tanka Tuesday Challenge (dream). 

19 comments:

  1. How beautiful Paula - and so is she 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Bluebird. I love her so much!

      Delete
    2. Black cats are my favorite. There's one at the cat café that literally has my name on it (my real name, obviously -- not my screen name). I'm hoping to get there soon and check her out and see if she likes me... assuming someone else doesn't scoop her up first....

      Delete
  3. Thanks everyone! She is a doll ❤️😻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely kitty! How wonderful that she found a good home with you. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love this Paula! It sounds like a dream come true for both of you. Thank you for participating this week.

    Yvette M Calleiro :-)

    yvettemcalleiro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most beautiful. Happy for the two of you. Yay. Xo, Selma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula!! I'm so happy to see you again! I love that you're still writing poetry. That's wonderful! Maybe you would like to submit to the Sunflower Tanka Anthology: https://sunflowertankaanthology.com/. As a cat lover, I love your poem! What a sweet kitty. 🐈‍⬛ 💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet tanka. She must be so happy to find a home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.