Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Pinch

Butterfly from Pixabay


A pinch of poetry, a cup of cats, a spoonful of peeves, a sprinkle of crafts: this is how I flavor my blog. I don't have a specialty, a niche, or a business; I am not writing a novel in 8,000 pieces; and my interests flit around like butterflies in a vast field of flowers, but in a shallow way, so don't bore me with stats or facts or (god forbid) podcasts.

Sometimes I do a prompt for three weeks in a row, and then I might quit participating for months, even though "they" say that readers like consistency. Oops, I guess I am writing only to please myself, my bad.

I tried for years (decades, heck) to please an audience, to get published, to find some way to get paid for my writing, even though it's always been a labor of love, and all that came to naught, so I decided to forget it and just say what I please when I want to say it right here on the blank blog page for no expectation of payment or fame.

If I ever announce that I have a publishing contract, someone should pinch me because I'd be dreaming.

~*~

Written for Denise's Six Sentence Story (pinch).

15 comments:

  1. It's the diversity of blogs, and the way each one reflects its author, that makes them interesting. Some people focus mostly on one topic (be it politics or gardening), while others write about whatever interests them at the moment. All that matters is that it's authentically yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd gladly fly out to pinch you! - N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I would love to meet you in person!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing exactly this. I love your authentic way of expressing yourself. I don't do anything consistently when it comes to blogging either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Similar to my philosphy! 😀 Ultimately, we should create for our own satisfaction, and the rest doesn't matter. If someone came along and offered a shitload of money, I wouldn't turn it down, though. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paula,
    I like your pinch of poetry.
    xo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think ultimately that we have to blog for ourselves. I used to blog daily, but I was in a different group when we all had webhomes. I still have my original site linked at my blog. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's when one stops chasing an audience that the audience appears. Best to do what you want and enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.