Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sunday Noodling...

 

Yummy udon noodles (my photo)


Even though the air quality around me has generally been in the acceptable zone (except for one day last week), my eyes have been SO UNBEARABLY ITCHY again. Sometimes they get so bad, I have to hold a cold, wet paper towel over them. Generally, I am better off when I can stay indoors, but I do have to go to work. And to game nights. And to the grocery store. Oh well. It could be worse ~ I could be blind.

I bought an automatic cat feeder for the (very rare) nights I might not be home at 6-7pm to feed Inky on our established schedule, but programming it takes a degree in rocket science. I have it sitting behind me in parts right now so as not to use up the batteries while I'm trying to figure it out. I decided to take a break to blog instead. I'm only going to use the auto-feeder once in a while, but even so I need to test it out when I'm home to be sure it works. The meals via the feeder will be kibble, of course, and Inky is on a wet food diet, which she seems pretty happy with, but luckily she adores kibble. She'd probably be happier eating it every meal instead of the wet, but vet says wet is best, so that's what we're doing except for the rare occasions I'm out at dinnertime. 

For a while now, I've been participating in Fandango's Flashback Friday, but that will be coming to an end shortly because all my old blogs have disappeared from the Wayback Machine. It's funny that I requested removal some time ago, but they asked for a whole bunch of information that I didn't have access to, so I let it go. Since then, I've made use of it by scavenging for old posts I can use for the FFF prompt, but now I will only have the previous two years of this blog, which isn't a lot. I wasn't even blogging every day in 2024 or even for most of 2025. Don't get me wrong: I am happy I have been cut from the internet archive. It bothered me to be on there in the first place after I learned it existed. This current blog is randomly getting crawled by them, despite the fact that I opted out of searches and stuff. Whatever.

Regarding stats, the daily views still seem to be too high, but I'm trying not to obsess about it. They're no longer over 1000, but even 300 seems out of line, considering the minuscule number of comments I get per post, not counting my own. I know people often read without comment (I do too), but even so. Not sure about this Feedly app I'm using either, as huge chunks of time pass with no updates, and I know it's not a true picture, since I follow myself. Last week, one of my own posts didn't show up in Feedly for over 24 hours. That said, Feedly is better by far than Blogger's reader, so unless something else comes to my attention, I guess I will continue to use it.

I went to Michael's this morning to get a birthday present for my friend, and all the Halloween stuff was out. Whether or not I end up doing anything special for Halloween this year, it still gives me great joy to see all the decorations. Too bad Party City has disappeared (the tiny little section they set up in Staples does not count); I used to love going in throughout the year to browse their costumes and accessories.

If anyone cares, I'm still working out every day. Some of the Leslie Sansone videos I bought off eBay aren't as great as the ones I already had, but that's fine... they still provide some variety. I need to go do one now, finish dealing with the cat feeder, and maybe schedule more posts for the week. It's getting up to the dreaded end-of-month at work, so you know what that means. Super stress!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on sticking with your Exercise Regimen. "As for Cat Feeder automation, I use the simple gravity based feeder which needs no programming and gravity does the work just fine for distribution of a good amount of Kibbles for Eli and the Tank would be good for over a Week's worth of feeding or more should we be gone that long. He too gets the Wet Food daily but he likes his Kibbles as well. I also am thrilled when the Halloween Merch makes it's early appearance, the GOODWILL still has the best selection and gets a lot of New Old Stock from previous Big Box Store Lines of Years that it didn't Sell Out and now is no longer being produced. As for Stats, I did notice the dramatic uptick too but not as much as that last surge which was ridiculously high, so I don't know what to think about it. Suspicious tho', but a lot of my Archived Posts are getting Reads too, which, that's kinda 'new' since mostly Archived Reads drop off over time usually and don't remain Strong. I am still Purging, just not as regularly as I used to just in case these are Real Readers???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to do the fancy timed feeder else Inky will gobble the food all at once…

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the cat feeder. Good idea to have. I wonder if someone made a video of setting one up. Sometimes it's easier to see (and people make videos for practically everything nowadays).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is technology so hard to figure out. I refuse to buy a printer because the last one I couldn't figure out and ended up smashing it to pieces. Not even kidding. lol So good luck with the cat feeder. It shouldn't be so hard to program these things.

    I like seeing all the Halloween stuff out too. My blog stats have been showing a crazy number of views for the last few months too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I did figure out the feeder!

      Delete
  4. That little Party City "section" in Staples is pathetic, and I don't even know why they bother. Oh well, Staples isn't really Staples any longer either, what with a teensy section of computer things and the fancy themed office supplies. Next thing you know, they'll start carrying yarn and fake flowers and have a Michael's section.

    Hope you figure out the cat feeder. -Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat! So pathetic. I couldn’t believe they even bothered to give that measly amount of shelf space…

      Delete
  5. In my experience, the great majority of readers don't comment, or comment only rarely. Also, a lot of people don't like comment moderation, so using it means you get even fewer comments than you otherwise would.

    I am still convinced the bursts of excess page view numbers are "AI" bots. I continue to get those, and sure enough, when I check, they show as coming from some country where it's totally implausible that I would have so many views from. When I subtract the implausible ones, the remaining number of views is roughly in line with what I more typically get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m thinking about changing the moderation requirement. Not sure yet…

      Delete
  6. Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com): My local Dollar Tree began putting out Halloween about a week ago. And the sign for the Spirit store is up at the old Kmart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once you get the feeder figured out, you will feel so accomplished! Nothing like still being able to handle new things!

    It's too early for Halloween! We've barely got the back-to-school stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I did triumph over the feeder! Hurrah!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.