![]() |
| Butterfly via Pixabay |
For Jim’s Thursday Inspiration today, he asks us to share a Bob Seger song. Now I love Bob Seger, despite having heard “Night Moves” about four billion times, so this was a no-brainer. And talk about being “spoilt for choice,” as they say across the pond! You may not think of Bob as a romantic, but in my opinion, “You’ll Accomp’ny Me” is one of the most romantic songs out there.
I’m not going to post the lyrics because (a) you should listen to the song in its entirety as sung by Bob to get the full impact; and (b) I can’t copypasta on my phone without losing the normal blogspot formatting. There is no option to paste as plain text here like there is on my laptop. I suppose I could type out the lyrics, but I don’t wanna. My lunch is almost over.
Trust me, this is a beautiful song. Songwriting credit goes to Bob Seger himself, and Accomp’ny is from his 1980 album Against the Wind. I just love the vibe that respects someone for being herself, and though things may not be ideal for them now, he will wait until they are. He speaks with confidence and optimism, but not ownership…

I am always impressed when someone is able to write a post on their phone Paula as I could never do that. The Bob Seger song 'You’ll Accomp’ny Me' perfectly blends gallant determination with patient vulnerability while balancing a yearning for connection with life’s inevitable uncertainties, making the commitment feel grounded and real. Thanks for joining in and selecting this song.
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure! I’m always up for some Seger ❤️
DeleteYEAH. Love Seger and this song. I saw a guy on our local news that reviews Boston area bars for their inclusion of Seger in their jukeboxes. "It's a Seger bah!" I guess it made national news, too. https://newsbeyonddetroit.net/2026/03/22/is-it-a-seger-bar-boston-man-judges-jukeboxes-on-their-night-moves/ - Nat
ReplyDeleteNice! I actually don’t hate Night Moves now, as long as I don’t have to hear it every day!
DeleteI have yet to attempt to write a blog post on my phone. I don't think I can do it. I'm amazed at people who do so much on their phones.
ReplyDeleteYou get used to it!
Delete