Saturday, August 1, 2026

Happy August

 

Salad with blueberries, etc. (my photo)

Welp, I survived another month end at work. This last one wasn't so bad... or maybe I'm just becoming numb to the stress. I caved and ate some salads, but then I read the Cyclospora outbreak is even worse than they thought the other week, so I stopped again. Also, blueberries are having issues. Sigh. I went to the grocery store for frozen dinners, carrots, bananas, apples, and strawberries. I also bought spinach and rewashed it. Then I cooked it with scrambled eggs and cheese on a tortilla for lunch. That should be safe enough, hopefully. I'm already missing blueberries though.

My bloodwork came back in 24 hours, and my cholesterol numbers are unchanged from 2025 and 2024 (a little into the red zone). So, I'm not getting any worse, but all my exercise and healthy eating hasn't improved anything either. Maybe the numbers would be worse if I hadn't started paying more attention to my health, idk. I want to avoid the meds, but we'll see what the doctor says. I'm glad I began working out more seriously because it really does relieve stress and make me feel good about accomplishing at least one goal per day, so whatever happens with the doc, at least I have that.

I kept planning to post more this week, but my ideas all petered out. I started a few posts, wrote a bit, and then discarded them. I was also short on time, so there's that, but I tried to keep up with comments at the blogs I follow. Leave me a link in my comments if I missed anything spectacular that you wrote.

Last night I opened a new 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle, a very pretty one with cowgirl boots and flowers, and some of you will be happy to know that the pieces have no codes on the backs. I will be doing it the slow, old-fashioned way, which is fine ~ it saves money to do the puzzles more slowly, since I buy more as soon as I finish the last undone one in my closet. I have most of the edges together now on this new one plus the turquoise boot. Of course I did the turquoise boot first!

4 comments:

  1. All the best with that 1000-piece puzzle. I admire your patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Doing puzzles is kind of a meditation for me, in which I totally focus on the task and let all other thoughts drift away…

      Delete
  2. The numbers probably would be worse if you hadn't been actively trying to be healthy. Eggs are extremely high in cholesterol, unfortunately. It's probably impossible to have a healthy cholesterol level while eating them more than very rarely. Hopefully the numbers for issues other than cholesterol were better. Exercise and eating healthy should make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I eat eggs very rarely. I timed my treat for the day after my blood draw 🙂

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.