![]() |
| Crystal Cove, California (my photo) |
Oh, you stinky, slimy hairball,
Coughed up from the shadowy sea,
Why must you always tangle 'round my feet?
Slippery brown mermaid tresses
Discarded in foul-smelling lumps--
What makes you desecrate this golden beach?
Discarded in foul-smelling lumps--
What makes you desecrate this golden beach?
Stay in your forest in the deep,
Where crabs munch on your crunchy blades,
And otters take refuge from hungry sharks.
I guess you do have your uses
Even here on the dawn-kissed dune,
As shorebirds hunt for a breakfast buffet.
Flies flock to your briny fibers
And sandpipers snap up the flies;
I gaze, entranced, at this synchronized dance.
I have new appreciation
For the role you play in nature:
For the role you play in nature:
I get by with a li'l kelp from my friends.
~*~
Ode to kelp written for The Skeptic's Kaddish W3 Prompt 230.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. All comments will be reviewed by me before they go live. If you are anonymous, please choose a consistent handle to sign your words with. I appreciate your understanding that my comment space is not a free speech zone for personal attacks or sales pitches.